Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by wotnext, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website focuses its information on individuals who have retired from full-time employment and are typically in their 60s or older, and living in the UK. Some of this information may not be relevant to younger people or to people resident outside the UK.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your content is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your content is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company;
By submitting Content to wotnext for inclusion on the Website, you grant wotnext a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content. If you delete Content, wotnext will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, wotnext has the right (though not the obligation) to, in wotnext’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in wotnext’s reasonable opinion, violates any wotnext policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in wotnext’s sole discretion.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. wotnext has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material posted to the Website by third parties, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, wotnext does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. wotnext disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material made available through the websites and webpages to which wotnext.uk links, and that link to wotnext.uk. wotnext does not have any control over those non-wotnext websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-wotnext website or webpage, wotnext does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. wotnext disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-wotnext websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement. As wotnext asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by wotnext.uk violates your copyright, you are requested to notify wotnext. wotnext will respond to all such requests, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. wotnext will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of wotnext or others.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from wotnext to you any wotnext or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with wotnext. wotnext, wotnext.uk, the wotnext.uk logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with wotnext.uk, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of wotnext or wotnext’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any wotnext or third-party trademarks.
- Advertisements. wotnext reserves the right to display advertisements with your content.
- Attribution. wotnext reserves the right to display attribution links to your content.
- Changes. wotnext reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. wotnext may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. wotnext may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your wotnext.uk account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. wotnext and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither wotnext nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will wotnext, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data. wotnext shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control.
- Medical advice. In no way should any information on this site be construed as medical advice. The site gathers and passes on information as available on the web and elsewhere, and provides links to external sources, and makes all best efforts to ensure the information is credible. However it cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information. Therefore if you choose to take any action on the basis of information and guidance on this site, it is ESSENTIAL that you seek medical advice first, and only proceed if a qualified medical practitioner approves this.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless wotnext, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between wotnext and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of wotnext, or by the posting by wotnext of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of England, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the English courts. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights, any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled by arbitrators selected by wotnext in accordance with established practice. The arbitration shall take place in England, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; wotnext may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
wotnext UK (“wotnext“) operates wotnext.uk and may operate other websites. It is wotnext’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, wotnext collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. wotnext’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how wotnext’s visitors use its website. From time to time, wotnext may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
wotnext also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on wotnext.uk blogs/sites. wotnext only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog/site where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to wotnext’s websites may choose to interact with wotnext in ways that require wotnext to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that wotnext gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, in a future facility, we will ask visitors who sign up at wotnext.uk to provide a username and email address. wotnext collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with wotnext. wotnext does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
wotnext may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its websites. wotnext may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, wotnext does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
wotnext discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on wotnext’s behalf or to provide services available at wotnext’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using wotnext’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. wotnext will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, wotnext discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when wotnext believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of wotnext, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an wotnext website and have supplied your email address, wotnext may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with wotnext and our products. You can elect not to receive such emails. We will not use text messages, phone calls, or paper correspondence.
If you send us a request for information (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish the request anonymously in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. wotnext takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If wotnext, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that wotnext goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of wotnext may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.